The Bureau of Labor Statistics calculates the national value per volunteer hour is $19.51. Federal and state parks have discovered the value of RV volunteers. RV volunteers are in high demand at these parks. We hope in the future large cities will take the necessary steps to attract volunteer camp hosts eager to volunteer their services and at the same time experience travel to the large cities. It is our hope cities will also recognize how RV volunteers could provide much needed services for their citizens.
To accomplish this symbiotic relationship forward looking cities must first build designated RV volunteer sites in strategically placed locations throughout the cities. The sites could be placed near beaches, museums, zoos, libraries, parks, hospitals, government buildings, airports, bike paths, gardens, stadiums or other areas able to utilize volunteers. These RV sites would then be exchanged for volunteer services. The relatively low cost to construct the RV sites ($10,000 to $15,000 per campsite) would be offset by the increase in a diverse and experienced workforce. The work history of RV volunteers is broad, ranging from academia to the trades.
It is our firm belief that cities willing and able to provide the RV sites in exchange for an expanded quality workforce will find, just as state and national parks have found, exchanging RV sites for volunteer hours, is a most beneficial arrangement. These cities will be the best equipped to reap the rewards of the new wave of voluntourism and with it the benefits these volunteers will provide in the future.
This is one of those win-win situations and our hope for the future.
Join our camp host group forum to voice your opinion and discuss the concept of RV sites in the city.
Visit this group
Post your favorite music to our group playlist
Let us become a freind or just read our friend feed here.
Our favorite campsite is on the shores of some beach somewhere on the Atlantic or Gulf of Mexico. We like to camp on the beach between camp host contracts with the Army Corps of Engineers.
Camp Host With the Corps of Engineers: Complete Guide to Campgrounds Owned and Operated by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
We are your Park Hosts, Bill & Barbara.
We really enjoy sharing our personal data base with our fellow camp hosts along with all the rest of the curious campers who visit our site. Parks need the help of camp host volunteers, work campers who volunteer a few hours a week in exchange for a free campsite in some of the most beautiful and pristine areas of America. Search our blogspot for the contacts and information you may require with the search term "Camp Host"
Cool the air by as much as 30 degrees!
Camp Host US will guide you thru becoming a part of this fun and rewarding lifestyle. State Park volunteer contacts posted by experienced camp hosts to help you have the best volunteer camping experience possible. Detailed information on opportunities, requirements, do's and don'ts and most importantly contact information at your fingertips for every state offering volunteer opportunities. Side by side comparison info help match and direct offerings to the public. Our maps and contact links give the locations of all state and federal parks in the US, Canada and the world. It is our intent to give campers, campground hosts, volunteers, campground employers, property managers, caretakers, and house sitters, an entry point into concise and helpful resources updated direct volunteer work contacts available to them and to the larger RV, outdoor sports and camping community.
We look upon your visit as a call to service and we are committed to your interest in volunteerism and other outdoor activities.. for us to serve as your guide has been our ongoing commitment to serve our fellow camp hosts.
Camp Hosting USA -- Your Guide to State Park Volunteering
Our site contains recent and archival information and we urge you to save this page to your favorites now save it.Contributions by camp hosts leading to the current camp hosting opportunities available here. There may be solicitations posted by park managers, rangers or private park owners looking for work campers on an open call basis. We really appreciate your ideas how to improve our outreach capability and the volunteer application methods currently used for the varied volunteer and paid contracts being offered here. It is our understanding that virtually all national and federal parks in the United States are in search of good folks for volunteer duty. Finally we would like to thank-you for your visit to our Blog and the continued support you have shown us by shopping in our Camp Store. We would also like to say thanks to the many kind emails thanking us for our contributions and especially to our newsletter subscribers and the donations. We would like to thank Amazon for powering Our Store and a special thanks goes out to the volunteers for the sharing of their data with us.
Campgrounds are maintained by Camp Host
Things you can do here:
View our shared news and volunteer openings.
Subscribe to a feed of Camp Host US shared items or just find one or two of your favorites to read now.
Link: Some Of Our Shared Stuff
Visitors to this unique site are pointed to the vital websites and all the most relevant contacts and resources currently used by real working camp hosts, volunteers,caretakers,workampers, gatekeepers and park aides across the U.S.A., Mexico, Canada and around the world.
Home Exchange Vacationing: Your Guide to Free Accommodations
This site does not require passwords or user names, the only exception is our free premium email accounts. The Camp Host US followers are not required to have a Camp Host US email address. In the past we have looked forward to and easily been able to respond to each and every email, however due to the large interest in camp hosting and all the usual questions we are unable to respond to each of your emails, but I assure you just keep reading closely and with patience. This may require returning here over and over again, eventually your questions are answered. If you have done this and you still find that you have a question then please email us directly and we will try and give you our answer. Thanks, Your Camp Host Volunteers - Bill & Barbara
Caretaking opportunities that have appeared in THE CARETAKER GAZETTE(Note: These
opportunities are from back issues of the GAZETTE, starting in 1983. All
landowners' phone numbers, addresses, emails, etc. have been removed from this
- ALASKA CARETAKER NEEDED late September to May on a self sufficient comfortable
Aleutian homestead. Free housing and stipend. Orcas, eiders, sea otters,
caribou, hydroelectric power, Internet, loom, hot tub. Writers and naturalists
have prospered here.
- HAWAII CARETAKER(S) NEEDED. Responsible, competent single man or couple, with one
child OK, with strong body and alternative minded. Must be enthusiastic about
rustic jungle life, experience with off-grid living and solar equipment. No
tobacco or alcohol users please. Maintenance of 2o?= acre homestead in a
beautiful coastal jungle area in an eclectic, but rootsy, neighborhood on the
Big Island. Care for orchards, garden, and cats. Small but comfortable cabin
provided. Please send a letter explaining why you are interested in this
opportunity, to: XXX XXXXXX, XX-XXXX Napoopoo Rd, Captain Cook, HI 96704.
- AUSTRALIA CARETAKERS needed on the Great Keppel Island to look after a holiday
house. Live in flat available, perfect for a couple. Please apply in writing to
XXXXXX XXXXX, XX Challis Avenue, Potts Point, NSW 2011 Australia.
- BELIZE, CENTRAL AMERICA HOUSESITTER WANTED during owner's absence and companion for exploring the jungle, fishing, snorkeling, coral reef and canoe trips. Have your own bedroom, living room and bath on 3rd floor overlooking the Caribbean. Pay for telephone, electricity, and your own food. Please write to X. XXXXX, XXXX SW 138th Avenue, Miami, FL 33186 or call (305) XXX-XXXX.
- CARIBBEAN LOOKING FOR a semi-retired person or couple for part-time light duties on a small Caribbean resort. Free housing on the resort's premises plus moderate pay in exchange for about 50 hours per month work. Applicant should be in good health, resourceful, and addiction and drug-free. If you are handy, it is a plus. Please email letter to XXXXX@XXXXXXXX.com or fax to (425) XXX-XXXX, or mail to PO Box XXX, Culebra, PR 00775 for info.
- Camping Hawaii: A Complete Guide
- Please call XXXXX XXXXXXXX at (360) XXX-XXXX.NEW MEXICO HELP WANTED year-round to caretake home, property, and pets (one dog, six cats). 37 acre property half way between Santa Fe and Taos, bordered by the Rio Grande. Two bedroom, recently remodeled home, (unfurnished) plus utilities offered, as well as negotiated salary. To apply, please fax: (505) XXX-XXXX.U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS CARETAKER positions available on St. John in a hillside community. Free housing and a 40% meal discount are available. Anyone aged 18 to 80 is eligible to apply. Please write to XXXX XXX XXXXX, Box XXX, Cruz Bay, Virgin Islands 00831.
- MEXICO HOUSESITTERS of adventuresome spirit, Europeans, jet setters, retirees, caretakers. Discover unspoiled Alamos, Sonora's city of silver in semitropical Sierra Madre Mountains. Live in 250-year-old Spanish colonial mansions. Experience a unique community. The Santa Fe of Mexico. Little theater, tennis courts, bridge club, poker, chess. 4000' municipal airport. Please write XXX XXXXXXX, Postal # XX, Alamos, Sonora, Mexico 85760, or call 011-XX-XXX-XXXXX.
- COSTA RICA EVER CONSIDER spending time in a tropical climate? Within walking distance of one of the world's most biodiverse national parks? Located in southwestern Costa Rica, on the Osa Peninsula, our farm is just outside of Dos Brazos en el Tigre, 6 km downriver from Corcouado National Park. We are a working homestead looking to develop a crop or crops to be marketed in the Dos Brazos/Puerto Jimenez area. We are looking for a person or couple to help with daily chores. In exchange, we offer plenty of free time, a place to live, and meals. For more information, please write XXX XXXXX, APDO X, Puerto Jimenez, Peninsula De Osa, Costa Rica.
- IDAHO CARETAKER(S) WANTED for very remote homestead near Hells Canyon, Idaho. Must have a 4WD vehicle and be self-reliant. Mild climate but winter access varies. Homestead has hydroelectricity & most amenities but no phone. Animals fine. Great free retreat for the right persons. We just want someone to be living in our home. Please send your references to XXXXXXXXX, XXX W North 5th St, Grangeville, ID 83530.
- JAMAICA, WEST INDIES YOU ARE INVITED TO SHARE in the benefits of our growing nature retreat, organic farm and alternative teaching center. Our ten-acre primitive retreat is nestled in the foothills of the Blue Mountains of Jamaica. Home of a developing healing arts center, we are only 2000' from the Caribbean Sea, safe, secure, and private. The farm has a running river and artesian springs. We grow almost every tropical fruit and vegetable imaginable. We are registered with environmental groups and agencies worldwide as a bird and wildlife sanctuary. Live rent-free in exchange for light maintenance work such as weeding, raking, gardening, maintenance of fences and buildings, shopping for supplies, rototilling and weed-eating work. Applicants should be in good health, handy, and resourceful with a common sense understanding of the hazards of nature. For more details, please call (201) XXX-XXXX.
- NETHERLANDS WE ARE LOOKING for somebody who will live in our home and care for our dog and birds. The period is from January 1 - March 30. We live in a large house in a quiet street. Garden. Our small town is half an hour south of Rotterdam. Please call 011-XX-XXX-XXXXX, or email:
- MAINE A HOME on an island off the coast of Maine needs a housesitter. Author's three-bedroom and bath. Easily accessible. Need someone from November to April. Must pay minimal utilities. For more details, please email Dave at XXXXXXXXXX@aol.com NEW YORK ESTATE MANAGER needed. Position is based in New York City with extensive travel in US to employers' four estates. Must have extensive background in personal service either from a top-level domestic posts or hotel/hospitality experience. Accounting and event planning background helpful, as this family and their corporation entertain on a presidential level. Must be able to liaison with the staffs of the homes and the corporation. Must be a pro at budgeting, and hiring and firing. Must be a hands-on doer not above picking up a mop or serving the table. Starting salary to $100,000 + impressive benefit package. Please fax your resume and references to (212) XXX-XXXX.
- CALIFORNIA HOUSE GUEST(S) wanted to occupy a mountain cottage(s). Full time. Located in the foothills, one hour from Sacramento. Bottom of canyon. Four miles from freeway. You can fish off the porch. Keep all gold found in the river. Must love outdoors, remoteness. Pets permitted. References required. No job. No addictions. Please leave a message, including your name and phone number at (916) XXX-XXXX.GREECE HOME or Hospitality Exchange available. Open to offers. I have a third floor apartment in Maroussi, Athens available for a home exchange. The apartment is very close to the Olympic Stadium and only 10 Km from the Acropolis. It has three bedrooms, one bathroom. There is a parking space in the basement and a large balcony covered by a pine tree. Ito?=s near public transportation. Possibility of a car exchange. No smoking; no pets.
- FRANCE HOUSESITTERS NEEDED in southeastern France for various time periods. We are located in the beautiful region of Haute-Savoie, with Leman Lake nearby and mountains all around. Our house can accommodate up to nine people. For more details, please contact Chris XXXXXX XXXXXXX, XXXX Gorges du Bronze Hameau de Thuet, F-74130 Bonneville, France or email:
- FLORIDA CARETAKER needed to live on our property. Housekeeping, lawn care, and maintenance. Should be mature and with some caretaking experience. To apply, please email your resume and references to XXXXXX@XXXXXXX.netWe also have a very successful Situations-Wanted Section in each issue with ads like these, so property owners can contact our subscribers directly: Single, professional woman between careers looking for housesitting/pet-sitting/inn-sitting position. Looking for interesting, safe location, with at least some community and amenities, to spend some time on fitness and career/life strategy. Excellent references. Would love animals and garden to tend to. Very reliable, ethical, and trustworthy.
The Caretaker Gazette
Published since 1983, now in the 21st Year! The only publication dedicated to the property caretaking field. New house sitting and caretaker jobs daily! Approximately 150 caretaker/housesitting opportunities in each issue. Over 1,000 new assignments are available each year, worldwide! Published Bi-monthly, and email updated weekly.
You can enjoy rent-free living as a property caretaker in desirable locations. Estates, mansions, farms, ranches, resort homes, retreat centers, CAMPS, hunting and fishing lodges, vacation homes, private islands, and any other kind of property imaginable are listed in The GAZETTE.
Camp Hosts, RVer's, Caretakers, House-sitters, place your ads in the Gazette!
You may order Caretaker Gazette here.